Conscious Insomnia – How to stay energized with restless sleep?
You might ask yourself – what has sleep to do with changing the world – but it has everything to do with it. When we are tired our energies are low, and when our energies are low we start acting in survival mode making short term decisions as an opposite to us being energized and acting out of a long term perspective making wise and conscious decisions. Exactly what we need to make our lives and the world a better place.
“Sleep is not only an upgrade to 1st class. Without sleep we do NOT fly.”
– Russell Foster, a circadian neuroscientist at Oxford University
We need our sleep to be at the top of our game during our everyday life and most of us will know what it means to be awake during the night worrying about not getting enough sleep. Sleep is as important as water and food. Sensitive people or people suffering from stress in their everyday lives often either sleep lighter or wake up with the change and shifts of energies. It is important to understand and to simply go with these natural sleep disruptions. It is natural and we will have to find alternative measures to get our needed energy boost. On my “Treasure – Change the World Tour” I constantly experience changes in my sleep depending where I sleep, what I have experienced and who I met during the day. All travelers will have experienced this – and no it is not only jet lag that disturbs your sleep when traveling.
Energistic Sleep Advice™ – my advice for you to strengthen your energies when lack or disturbance of sleep:
1. Relax and breathe when waking or being woken up – allowing yourself to be agitated or irritated you are only draining your energy and making relaxation and rejuvenation impossible. Take 3 exceptionally deep breaths emptying out all energies stressing you and breathing in new energy cleansing and restoring your energy to be able to fall back to sleep. our sleep is our brain’s detox and our energetic release of energy disturbances – energies we caught up during our day. so utilize your breath to let go and let new and fresh in. Don’t stress about not sleeping. Even relaxing and being ‘in the zone’ strengthens and nurtures your energies.
2. Feel if any inspiration comes to you and write it down, then let it go. don’t engage in how’s except if that is the given. Depending on the time of the night great energies are to be harnessed and you receive great new ideas or solutions. There are often a reason for why we wake up – as soon as we get the message we will be able to sleep again – sometimes it is as simple as a reminder of something you let go of in your subconscious mind during your ‘detox’. The best way to listen is to breathe and let whatever thoughts come and write it down. If you start to worry it’s because you don’t breathe properly and not surrendering. Go to step 1 again and then step 3 directly to not waste good energy.
3. If you are trying to ‘force’ sleep lying awake at night start by breathing deeply, allowing yourself to feel grateful that you are awake to make a conscious choice of an even better sleep the rest of the night. Breathe in and imagine that calming energy comes in from the top of your head, filling you up with oxygen, a silent energy, a beautiful light and when breathing out imagine yourself to let go of energies that kept you awake or woke you up. When having replenished your body with a soothing light that slowly emanates from your body and imagine that a protecting ball of light is around you to make you sheltered from the energies around you. you can now go to sleep untouched by the energies around you, taken care of knowing that the energy and light will around you to support you sleep with healing and light. If you are meant to sleep you now will sleep. With the above advice you can stay energized no matter how you slept during the night. For traveling the same advice goes.
4. If you did not manage to sleep or still tired during the day there are several ways to stay energized and on the top of your game you can do one or both of the below: A. Make time to a half or one hour meditation some time during the day, you can download my guided visualization that takes 23 minutes to support you to boost your energies and strengthen your intuition: “The Treasure: A guided meditative journey” in iTunes. With meditation we often only need to work 4-5 hours achieving what would normally take us 8-9 hours due to efficiency and a strengthen intuition. That will also make your body and mind restitution almost just as good as if having a whole night sleep. B. If you will not prioritize for a longer meditation settle with taking 3-5 small breaks of 30 seconds with deep breathings during your day, which will boost and strengthen your personal energy and the same apply if you had a good night sleep. then you are simply taking it to the next level with your breathing – tapping into your intuition. No one will notice if you are 30 seconds late. You can do it in your car, at your toilet visit, in your office chair, taking a short break in your cooking putting your hands at the kitchen table, closing your eyes and do your breathing. Even the people around you will benefit – so no excuses. It works more than you can ever imagine!
As mentioned above, I on my “Treasure – Change the World Tour” constantly experience change in my sleep depending where I sleep, the energy of the place and the room, what I have of experiences and who I met during the day. So when traveling it is not only the times zones and jetlag ‘messing’ with your sleep – so does the different energies of cultures, the energies left by the previous people who stayed in your hotel room. How to deal with that energy is another post or you can read my book “The Treasure: How to Change the World” on how to manage your energy and that around you.
Now you have a good base for keeping your energies high even deprived from sleep – so you go and make your game-changing mark on the world.
Sleep well and feel rested throughout your day.
Change your life – Change the World
Best of energies,
Christel Rosenkilde Christensen
Energistic Insignia Expert™
– International trusted executive advisor, intuitive mentor for the elite in various industries, sports and visionary entrepreneurs. Pioneered Energistic Leadership™ in 2007. Speaker & author of the book: The Treasure: How to Change the World on Energistic Leadership™ as an agent for visionary change
For sessions, speeches, and articles – or even your own personalized Energistic Meditation and Visualization by Christel R. Christensen to support your energy to overcome challenges and succeed with your goal – write firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.